|Thai Green Curry Paste|
- 10 green chilies, fresh
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass, chopped (can substitute lemon peel)
- 1 tablespoon coriander root, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kha, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, pounded
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, pounded
- 7 white peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste or kapi
|Thai Green Chilies|
- Stir-fry all ingredients together, except the kapi, in a pan until they are all mixed and fragrant.
- Place stir-fried ingredients into a mortar.
- Add kapi.
- Using the pestle, pound the mixture into a smooth paste.
- The paste can be stored in a jar and used as needed.
Thai green curry paste is used in a variety of dishes.